July 29-Aug 2, 2019
Sustainability issues often refer to the climate change, however, we must be aware of theirs significant and diverse influences in our daily life as clearly addressed in Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs). This course focuses the interdependence of the causes of sustainability issues. The course provides the understanding of the crucial background embedded in our society. We will discuss also roles of universities to break through this crucial background. We discussed over practical issues of Hokkaido University’s Campus. In dealing with the issues, students develop their skills to coordinate a discussion and to reach a decision among different stakeholders.
Students were from universities in China, Hungary, The United States, and Indonesia. Their majors varied such as engineering, business oriented, and psychology.
July 29 Mon
● Living laboratories as sites for transformative social learning (KÖNIG)
● Sustainable Campus of Hokkaido University (Ikegami)
July 30 Tue
● Science and citizens meet challenges of sustainability (KÖNIG)
July 31 Wed
● What is HOKUDAI Marche Café & Labo? (MITANI)
● Design Management for Transformation of Project Value (OZASA, ITO)
Aug 1 Th
● Towards better understanding complex and dynamic social ecological systems (KÖNIG)
Aug 2 Fri
● The practice of collaborative conceptual systems mapping (KÖNIG)